Principal investigators of clinical trials and other related personnel (research nurses, study coordinators, etc) as well as Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) liaisons.
Access will be prioritised for participants in the c4c Proof of Viability Clinical Trials. The maximum number of persons that Pedmed-NL can enroll each edition is 20.
Bloom’s Taxonomy Level of the Course: Application and analysis
This course aims to enable delegates to identify activities in the development of clinical trials projects in which patients can contribute, including the design of appropriate methodology and measuring impact.
This is a self-directed e- learning course with an approximate duration of 3 teaching hours.
Users can download all the slides of the course, as well as a pdf document with additional information for each chapter.
Course Evaluation: Reading an article and a final self-exam with 10 multiple-choice questions about the content of the course and the recommended reading article.
- What do we mean by involvement? Why should we involve children and young patients (CYP) and families in research?
- Regulatory framework for CYP and family involvement.
- Explore approaches on how to implement CYP and family involvement throughout the research pathway.
- Practical planning for effective CYP and family involvement.
- Ethics, CYP and family involvement.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact and added value of CYP and family involvement on the design and delivery of clinical research.